Full-Service Real Estate Counsel in the Northern Collar Counties
Whether you need advice about a residential purchase agreement or your litigation options in a complex commercial lease dispute, the Lake County real estate lawyers of Shaw Law Ltd. are ready to advise you and protect your interests. Contact us for a free in-office consultation about the legal and practical considerations of your next real estate transaction.
We work with homeowners, sellers, buyers, property managers, commercial lessees and anyone else with a real estate opportunity or problem in the northern collar counties of Greater Chicago. Examples of the situations we handle on behalf of our clients include:
- Home purchase or sale transactions from the purchase agreement through closing
- For sale “by owner” real estate transactions
- Real property sales on behalf of decedents’ estates
- Title examiner services prior to closing
- Title opinions, title insurance problems or lien removal, including state or IRS tax liens
- Commercial lease negotiation, documentation, renewal and enforcement
- Land use and zoning problems
- Breach of contract or specific performance of real property purchase agreements
- Construction defects, warranties, performance or payment disputes
- Mortgage foreclosure or “short sale” problems
- Alternatives to foreclosure: forbearance agreement, “deed-in-lieu,” loan modification or consent to judgment
- Disputes over boundaries, easements, encroaching structures, driveways or parking
- Landlord-tenant disputes, including eviction and collection of rent arrearages
- Utility service problems in owned or rented property
- Disputes between owners and associations in condominium developments or subdivisions
- Real estate tax appeals
- Sales of unpaid real estate taxes / tax deeds
We don’t rush into court to resolve disputes that can be settled in more cost-effective ways, but our trial experience adds extra strength to your negotiating position in commercial or residential disputes. If necessary, however, our trial attorneys can present your position in court.
Call 847-244-4696 for an Illinois Foreclosure Attorney’s Mortgage Advice
Shaw Law Ltd. also works with homeowners who need legal advice about their options for resolving mortgage defaults and the threat of foreclosure. We can let you know whether a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy filing will make a positive difference in your situation, and we can also advise you about your nonbankruptcy, mortgage-workout options.
To learn more about our firm’s approach to client service in residential or commercial real estate, contact a Waukegan real estate lawyer at Shaw Law Ltd. for a free in-office consultation.